Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Pork knuckle.


I have been obsessed with hocks. I have been eyeing up bacon and pork hocks for the past month at the supermarket.  I kept telling myself "something magical must come of this cut of meat.....  Someone must know something!"  After a good week of research I narrowed down a couple of recipes I was willing to try until someone pointed out to me on Friday afternoon a pork hock is the cut of meat used in German pork knuckle! PORK KNUCKLE!!!!!   One of my favourite dishes! How did I not know this?  Why did I not come this conclusion after a few solid weeks of researching recipes online? Anyway, I got there in the end. I picked up ham hocks by mistake. It was the best mistake I ever made!





Ingredients

2 x Ham hock
Oil to cover the hock
2 table spoons of Salt
1.5 heaped teaspoons of Garlic
1 teaspoon of Caraway Seeds

Method

Score the fat with a sharp knife,  rub the oil all over the ham. 



 Add the salt and rub into the scored parts.  

Rub the garlic on the ham.  









Rub the caraway seeds on the ham also.  Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 

 Get a baking tray and fill with water till its 2cm's deep. 

 Add the pork hocks and bake in the over for 2 hours.




Images by me!



No comments:

Post a Comment